Sunday, July 18, 2010

Barcelona

Phew - okay; last post of the "evening"; it's 2:00 am and I need some sleep.

Barcelona (on the Ramblas) has been perhaps the most crowded place I have been yet in Europe (aside from particular attractions and events).

Just masses of people everywhere.

Getting a hotel (arriving on a Saturday in July) was a little hectic - I called about a dozen places before finding anything. Definitely pushing my bookings a few days further out from now on; it's the low season in most of Spain and Portugal so I may have been lulled into a false sense of security. It's a tiiiiiny room, but the price was nice.

Walked down the Ramblas on the 17th, and grabbed some tapas for a late lunch. Catalonian tapas bars are nice and easy; take what you want and keep the toothpicks for the tab. Climbed up to Montjuic on the 18th to see the fort, the Olympic stadium, and the Catalan art museum, then came back down to the Barri Gotic to see the Cathedral and the Picasso museum.

Cathedral geese grant indulgences for bread


I've been making an effort to caption the pictures a little better. I'm also trying to take more interesting pictures (not just monuments); that's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment