Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Madrid - Day 2

Madrid is awesome. I'm gonna need some earplugs to be able to sleep tonight, but nothing like being in a European capital when it goes to the World Cup final for the first time.

Today I went to the Prado and the Reina Sofia, which were quite nice, but clearly not the highlight of the day. In the afternoon I had a couple beers at a fine bar on the corner of Calle de Lope de Vega and Plaza de Jesus. Struck up a "conversation" with the bartenders (who spoke about as much English as I speak Spanish). They recommended I watch the game at the stadium, but I thought that might be a bit much, so I just went to a pub like a block away.

Where I met Sergio and Vanessa!



We had some drinks, witnessed the incredible chaos of Plaza del Sol (more pictures), had some tapas (alright, they bought me some drinks and tapas - huzzah for Spanish hospitality!), and I got some info on the north of Spain. Good times had by all.


Now I just have to get up early, go to the train station and confirm my reservation to Lisbon...Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment