Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rome

Quickie blog post - I've been running some long days in Rome and haven't had time to do much writing (also, the pictures need some cleaing up). But I want to put something up before I leave for Croatia tomorrow.

Arrived on July 26 in the afternoon. Since it was a Monday (most museums closed), I swung by the Santa Maria Maggiore (right by my lodging place) then decided to stroll the Appian Way into Rome.

Appian Way pictures

On July 27 trod a path through Ancient Rome - the Colosseum to Palatine Hill to the Forum up Capitol Hill to the Musei Capitolini, then over to the Pantheon, and some wandering about in the evening near the Trevi fountain.

Ancient Rome pictures

On July 28 went to the Vatican - the Museum and St Peter's, then down to wander Trastevere for the late afternoon/evening.

Vatican pictures


Rar

No comments:

Post a Comment